Our goal at Neil A. Weinrib & Associates is to help clients peaceably resolve the various contentious issues in matrimonial law. Ranging from child custody and support to alimony and property division, our attorneys are focused on resolving your matrimonial disputes in the most favorable way possible.
Divorce in New York is subject to unique laws that require a thorough understanding. New York has recently added what is effectively a no-fault ground for divorce. The grounds for divorce in New York are now limited to:
- Cruel and inhuman treatment
- Abandonment for a continuous period of one year or more
- Imprisonment for more than three years subsequent to the marriage
- Conversion of a separation judgment
- Conversion of a written and acknowledged separation agreement after living separate and apart for more than one year
- The relationship between husband and wife has broken down irretrievably for a period of at least six months
Anyone who is confronted with a divorce in New York should contact an attorney who is knowledgeable about the subject. Please contact us today for assistance with any of your matrimonial law needs.
Subscribe to our Newsletter to follow the latest news and opinions from our lawyers about Immigration, Business, Real Estate, and other legal topics our firm covers.